Joomla or Drupal for Intranet

Chadwick, John, DCA john.chadwick at STATE.NM.US
Tue Jun 26 18:44:45 EDT 2012

I am a big fan of Joomla, and it is very easy and straight forward to integrate Active Directory Authentication with Joomla 2.5. You do need to know something about Active Directory and containers. You can go native and download and install modules.

http://community.joomla.org/component/zine/article/507-developer-ldap-from-scratch-sam-moffatt.html

http://docs.joomla.org/Active_Directory_Login_Module

John Chadwick
Department of Cultural Affairs
Information Technology Division
725 Camino Lejo
Santa Fe, NM 87505
505-476-1132

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Juliano, Liana
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:35 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Joomla or Drupal for Intranet

Hello,

We are looking to migrate our intranet from a clunky, custom platform to a CMS. The two top runners right now are Joomla and Drupal. I know that both support Active Directory, but I am wondering if anyone has used either to integrate with other systems. Specifically I would like to integrate with our document management system and our time and billing system.

I do plan on doing these integrations right, but want to know that the functionality is there when we are ready. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Liana Juliano
Information Manager
NOSSAMAN LLP
777 South Figueroa Street, 34th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
ljuliano at nossaman.com<mailto:ljuliano at nossaman.com>
T 213.612.7800   F 213.612.7801
D 213.612.7822

[NOSSAMAN LLP]<http://www.nossaman.com/>

SUBSCRIBE TO E-ALERTS
<http://www.nossaman.com/subscribe.aspx>nossaman.com<http://www.nossaman.com/>

PLEASE NOTE: The information in this e-mail message is confidential. It may also be attorney-client privileged and/or protected from disclosure as attorney work product. If you have received this e-mail message in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, nor disclose to anyone this message or any information contained in it. Please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message. Thank you.

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2012-06-26