SharePoint 2010 Error

Klapwijk, WOUTER <wklap@sun.ac.za> Wklap at SUN.AC.ZA
Thu Jul 26 11:42:14 EDT 2012

Hi Sharon,

Did you create your Announcements web part using the standard SP2010 (sub)site definition of type "Blog" or did you create it using your own Lists?  I sounds like that you might have created it using your own Lists and probably used something like InfoPath Designer to design the form.  If so, then you can specify the default View Form for the List in question using your browser or SP Designer.  This is pretty much standard functionality which you might have tried already, but nonetheless these are the steps I would follow:

SP DESIGNER:
Open the (sub)site containing the Announcement lists and choose Lists and Libraries.
Choose the Lists in question and under Forms make sure the form view in question is marked as "Yes" under the Default column.  Use the "Set as Default" option in the ribbon to set it to default if needed.

BROWSER:
Navigate to the List Settings button in the Ribbon for the List in question.
Choose "Form settings" on the List Information screen and tick off the form which needs to be the default.

Not sure if it helps.

Wouter

Wouter Klapwijk
Head: Information Technology & Acting Director: IT and Digital Services
Library and Information Service
Stellenbosch University
Tel: +27 21 808-4378, Fax: +27 21 808-3723, Mobile: 083 3888 270
http://library.sun.ac.za

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Sharon Logan
Sent: 26 July 2012 04:26 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] SharePoint 2010 Error

We have our Intranet on SharePoint 2010 with the Announcements web part on the front page.  It displays fine, however if you want to click on the Announcement to edit it, you get:

Error
Unable to find the default display form for list Announcements

As the admin, I can edit the Announcements still, but my end users are clicking on them, and then emailing me about the error.  I have Googled it and none of the results have been helpful.  Any other advice?

Thanks.

Sharon D. Logan
Web Developer
www.henricolibrary.org
Henrico County Public Library
1001 N. Laburnum Ave., Henrico, VA 23223
office-(804)290-9021 * mobile-(804)349-5568 * fax-(804)222-5566

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2012-07-26

E-pos vrywaringsklousule Hierdie e-pos mag vertroulike inligting bevat en mag regtens geprivilegeerd wees en is slegs bedoel vir die persoon aan wie dit geadresseer is. Indien u nie die bedoelde ontvanger is nie, word u hiermee in kennis gestel dat u hierdie dokument geensins mag gebruik, versprei of kopieer nie. Stel ook asseblief die sender onmiddellik per telefoon in kennis en vee die e-pos uit. Die Universiteit aanvaar nie aanspreeklikheid vir enige skade, verlies of uitgawe wat voortspruit uit hierdie e-pos en/of die oopmaak van enige lêers aangeheg by hierdie e-pos nie. E-mail disclaimer This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use, distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. The University does not accept liability for any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or accessing any files attached to this e-mail.