laptop check out program

Lixia Zhao lxzhao at UALR.EDU
Mon Jul 23 12:44:27 EDT 2012

Thank you all for responses. I got a lot of positive feedback and helpful
tips on the laptop checkout program.
I have more questions.
1. How many laptops do you have for this program? How often do you upgrade
the hardware? Did you get ride of some old laptops?

2. What's security method you are using?

Thank you very much.

Lixia

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Lixia Zhao <lxzhao at ualr.edu> wrote:

> We are investigating a *laptop* checkout program for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Ottenheimer Library.  Has anyone instituted such a program and subsequently stopped the program?
>

>  How did you assess the success or failure of the program?  Do you have a hints and/or pitfalls to watch our for in implementing this type of program?
>
> Any help you can give me would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
>

> --
> Lixia Zhao
> Electronic Resources Cataloging Librarian
> Ottenheimer Library,
> University of Arkansas at Little Rock
> 501-569-3454
> lxzhao at ualr.edu <lzhao at ualr.edu>