laptop check out program

Rodgers, Denyse Denyse_Rodgers at BAYLOR.EDU
Fri Jul 20 14:10:21 EDT 2012

The Baylor University Libraries have had a laptop checkout program since 2001 and it has been very successful.  We have over 70 that circulate now.   More information can be found here:

http://www.baylor.edu/lib/techguide/index.php?id=46593

http://www.baylor.edu/lib/circ/

I can put you in touch with the staff member in charge of our program if you need additional information.

Thanks,
Denyse

Denyse Rodgers
Library Information Systems
Baylor University Electronic Library
One Bear Place #97148
Waco, TX 76798-7148
254.710.2771 (voice)
254.710.7271 (fax)
denyse_rodgers at baylor.edu

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Lixia Zhao
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 12:05 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] laptop check out program

We are investigating a laptop checkout program for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's Ottenheimer Library.  Has anyone instituted such a program and subsequently stopped the program?

 How did you assess the success or failure of the program?  Do you have a hints and/or pitfalls to watch our for in implementing this type of program?

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thank you!

--
Lixia Zhao
Electronic Resources Cataloging Librarian

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2012-07-20