scanning campus newspaper / permissions

Wilhelmina Randtke randtke at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 11 23:18:37 EDT 2012

The university has an implied license to publish the articles.  When a
student submits the article to the newspaper to publish, they give
permission to publish it.  It is extremely unlikely that anything in those
papers was obtained without the author knowing that it would go into the
paper or even without the author intending for it to go into the paper and
be published with the paper.

The newspaper is part of the university, same as the library, so you have
permission to duplicate these because you are with the same entity.

-Wilhelmina