scanner

Phillip Whitford PWhitford at BRASWELL-LIBRARY.ORG
Tue Jul 10 14:08:47 EDT 2012

We have used an Epson Perfection V700 photo flatbed scanner, primarily
for negatives and photos. I'm sure it could scan newspapers but it would
not be optimum for such use. It is great with negatives, photos, and
documents and I believe they cost between $400 and $500.

For negatives we have also used a Hasselblad Flextight X5 film scanner.
This is a very high dollar ($18,000 in 2009) film scanner we used on a
digitization project. We no longer have a use for this scanner and are
trying to find a home for it. So if any organization out there wants a
great deal on a lightly used profession scanner please contact me off
list.

Phillip B. Whitford

Associate Director for Support Services

Braswell Memorial Library

Rocky Mount, NC 27804

Opinions expressed may not be those of my organization