Job title

Nina Mchale milehighbrarian at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 6 17:03:30 EDT 2012

Why thank you, Louise! As do you, as usual. :D

Meant to add this before: my department (IT, aka "Digital Services") just
went through a re-org, and one of the outcomes was to add a public services
component to our jobs. The two internet librarians (who reside in IT/DS)
and I will be taking on some public service duties--NOT reference
duties--but tech...interaction? duties. ("Support" isn't quite the right
word; it's more "user experience," methinks.) We are all former reference
librarians, incidentally. I'm excited about: 1. what I will learn about
users and how they interact with technology in the public environment,
since all my experience up until last November was academic; 2. the ways in
which this will inform how we develop the web and other services.

Apologies to William for hijacking his original post. Thanks for initiating
a really interesting discussion!

--
Nina

Nina McHale, MA/MSLS