Job title

HAZEL Margaret E Margaret.E.Hazel at CI.EUGENE.OR.US
Fri Jul 6 12:22:43 EDT 2012

My title is most often abbreviated to "Technology Manager", and I am in the group of "Library Managers".  My full title is "Virtual Branch & Innovative Technology Manager".  I oversee all tech efforts for our library system, do tech planning, coordinate with other managers, vendors & City IT staff, project management, and supervise 2 tech staff (Public PCs and ILS) and a Web Librarian 2.

-Margaret

Margaret Hazel
Virtual Branch & Innovative Tech Manager
Eugene Public Library
Eugene, OR
541-682-6015
margaret.e.hazel at ci.eugene.or.us

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of William Stein
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 4:48 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Job title

Greetings,
    Our library is considering adding a new position and we are unsure what the title of the position should be. I thought I would query the list to see if the proposed position corresponds to any already existing job descriptions. Here is a summary of the proposed duties:
    "The position is responsible for orchestrating a unified, library-wide approach to delivery of digital library collections, programs, and services. Oversees, coordinates, and evaluates the library's delivery of digital collections, programs, and services."
    We do not have an IT person on our staff. Those duties are contracted. Our system consists of a Main library with four branches.
    I note that there was an advertisement for an "Electronic Resources Librarians" posted recently which looks similar to what we are proposing. Any other suggestions?
Many Thanks,
    Will Stein, Reference Librarian
    Washington County Public Library
    Abingdon, Va.