login issue

Kelly Zhu zhu.kelly at YMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 2 17:16:17 EDT 2012

Allow me to revive this thread for discussion again.

I find my university has actually implemented CAS already.  The jasig site seems to say there are several ways to install CAS client. https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASC/Official+Clients
I would like to check with you as how your experience/knowledge might help me to choose which method to adopt.  I intend to install mod_auth_cas because we already have apache on the app servers.

Thanks

Kelly Zhu

________________________________
 From: Sue Dentinger <sdentinger at library.wisc.edu>
To: Kelly Zhu <zhu.kelly at ymail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] login issue

I'd talk to your campus IT folks.  ILLiad and EZproxy support Shibboleth. And
that's the direction you probably need to go. But where is your campus in it's
support for Shibboleth--that's the important part. Someone has to get that
running in a production mode for you to start using it.  Voyager supports an
external authorization system which can use Shibboleth.
http://www.shibboleth.net/

I hope this helps on a complicated topic.  It's not one I am an expert at but
we are moving to Shibboleth here after quite a few years of discussion about it.

Sue Dentinger

--
Sue Dentinger
Library Technology Group