Unique mobile and/or ereader uses?

Black, Elizabeth black.367 at OSU.EDU
Mon Jan 30 17:12:07 EST 2012

Hi Jeff,

Here at Ohio State University Libraries we assisted in the development of the campus mobile app (OSU Mobile). As part of that collaboration, we integrated a library catalog search using Z39.50 and library location list using an API we built (we reuse library location data in several spots on the web).

We have also created an independent application in collaboration with the University Archives called Buckeye Stroll that is a GPS enabled tour of campus featuring the history of campus locations.  This content is also included in the OSU Mobile app.

Is this the type of thing you are looking for?
Beth

Beth Black
Associate Professor and Systems Librarian
Head, Web Implementation Team
Ohio State University Libraries
Science and Engineering Library, Room 002A
175 West 18th Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210
614-688-5428
black.367 at osu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Jeff Wisniewski
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:52 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Unique mobile and/or ereader uses?

Hi, Doing something truly unique and noteworthy in the mobile or ereader space? I’d love to hear and spread the word about it! I’m talking about things beyond a mobile presence and/or lending iPads or ereaders, looking for more unique and/or cutting edge. Anyone care to share?

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2012-01-24

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS