Locking down IE on public computers - Try Userful

Sharon Foster fostersm1 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 14 08:25:33 EST 2012

We set up a 4-seat Userful station at my previous POW for the Kids Computer
Room. I think everyone's been very happy with it, except possibly the
pre-teen boys who were forever installing games and such on the old Windows
machines. If there are kids waiting, they get the option of using an Ubuntu
laptop.

(Now if it were only possible to convince the adults that they don't really
need Windows or Macs, either...)

Sharon
Sharon M. Foster
Digital Services Librarian

*"All accumulation, therefore, of personal property, beyond what a man’s
own hands produce, is derived to him by living in society; and he owes on
every principle of justice, of gratitude, and of civilization, a part of
that accumulation back again to society from whence the whole came.*" ~Tom
Paine