Internet Satellite on bookmobiles

Chadwick, John, DCA john.chadwick at STATE.NM.US
Tue Jan 10 16:36:08 EST 2012

We are looking at several different options of installing satellite technology on our bookmobiles so they can function as Internet hot spots at each stop. Cellular technology is not really an option given some of the places our bookmobiles travel throughout the state.

We have looked at dishes and have also considered domes. Some of the stops may find a building blocking or partially blocking the dish.

I would appreciate hearing from others who have implemented the technology and I would like to hear about your success and limitations.

Thanks,

John

John Chadwick, Ed.D.
IT Manager