Apache alias

Mark Cooper markchristophercooper at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 10 12:09:20 EST 2012

In principle that should work fine -- at least it works for me by default
with Ubuntu Server and Apache2 ('Options FollowSymLinks' is set in the
config.). Do you have an index.html/index.php in your non-web root
directory? It could be that directory listing is disabled in your Apache
configuration. Otherwise check the directory permissions on the non-web
root.

Mark Cooper,
Cataloging Dept.
Sonoma County Library