Document Management - A Different Question

Schooff, Rose (LVA) Rose.Schooff at LVA.VIRGINIA.GOV
Fri Jan 6 16:16:28 EST 2012

I am looking for a simple document management system.  Maybe that's not
even the term I should be using when looking for what I want.

I work in Library Development where we need to collect certain required
documents from public libraries on a scheduled basis and I would like a
system where the individual libraries can go to a website page and
deposit these documents instead of us managing them manually.  I would
like to assign certain categories to the documents (ie State, Federal)
and also have some sort of mechanism that alerts when the file is due to
expire - ie we collect them yearly and it needs to be updated.  Also
have a folder or space where the individual libraries would sign in for
their documents only - to place or update -  but a view only across all
libraries.   For example, one library may want to see other libraries
job descriptions or policies so we would only view only but no editing
privileges unless it's owned by them.

Everything I've looked at so far seems way too complicated or either
it's geared towards web content management or collaboration type
projects.  I just want some type of repository.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Rose M. Schooff

Technology Consultant

The Library of Virginia