Open Repositories 2012, Edinburgh - Deadline Extended

John B Howard john.b.howard at UCD.IE
Wed Feb 22 03:59:18 EST 2012

<forwarding on behalf of program(me) committee – John Howard>

Good news for those working hard on proposals for this year’s Open
Repositories Conference in Edinburgh – we’re extending the submission
deadline for papers & workshops by 2 weeks until March 5th. Whether your
proposal is for the general conference track, or more suited to the user
group tracks for EPrints, DSpace and Fedora, you’ve got 14 more days to
refine your ideas for papers. The remaining dates in the process are not
expected to shift, so you’ll still have plenty of time to make arrangements
to attend.

5th Mar 2012 Deadline for papers, workshops& user group sessions 31st Mar
2012 Deadline for posters, Pecha Kucha and demos 6th Apr 2012 Workshop/paper
submitters notified 11th May 2012 Poster/demo/Pecha Kucha submitters
notified 9th Jul 2012 Conference pre-workshops begin

Workshop proposals can be made now by email to OR2012 at ed.ac.uk; we’ve
already received a number of exciting ideas so we would encourage you not to
wait until the deadline if you haven’t already been in touch.

Due to a glitch with the submission system we can’t yet take paper
submissions but we expect this to be resolved next week, and we’ll make an
announcement at that time. Full details will be provided on the OR2012 web
site at http://or2012.ed.ac.uk/

This year’s event will also have more space for informal, unconference-style
contributions as well as the Developer Challenge. If a full paper isn’t for
you, consider contributing in another way. We’ll be releasing more details
nearer the event. This will include Pecha Kuchas and poster sessions with a
deadline of the 31st of March.

Kevin Ashley

OR2012 Programme Chair

Dr John B Howard, University Librarian and Adjunct Professor,
   UCD School of Computer Science and Informatics
UCD James Joyce Library
University College Dublin
Belfield
Dublin 4
Ireland

An Dr John B Howard, Leabharlannaí Ollscoile, agus Ollamh Adjunct,
   Scoil na Ríomheolaíochta agus na Faisnéisíochta UCD
Leabharlann James Joyce UCD,
An Coláiste Ollscoile, Baile Átha Cliath,
Belfield,
Baile Átha Cliath 4,
Éire

t: +353 1 716 7067