Cites & Insights January 2013 (13:1) available

Walt Crawford waltcrawford at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 29 17:58:41 EST 2012

I probably said it would be out the first week of January 2013, but it
was ready, so...

Cites & Insights 13:1 (January 2013) is now available for downloading
at http://citesandinsights.info/civ13i1.pdf

The issue is 40 pages long.

The "online edition," designed for faster downloading and easy reading
on most e-devices larger than phones, is also available; it's 77 pages
long.

I'm now consistently creating the PDFs directly in Word, which means
they may be somewhat larger but willhave bookmarks for all article
headings.

This issue includes the following essays--also available as HTML
separates at http://citesandinsights.info, although this may be the
last issue for which that's true (see the first essay for details)

The Front pp. 1-4

    Of books and journals: notes on my forthcoming (or here now?) ALA
Editions book, changes in other recent books, the annual edition of
C&I--and the results of the reader service. Ends with a
straightforward challenge: If you want HTML separates to continue,
you'll need to contribute to C&I.

Intersections: Catching Up with Open Access 1 pp. 4-40

    The first half of a roundup on Open Access covering portions of
the last couple of years. This half includes citations and commentary
on advantages, colors & flavors, repositories, mandates, problems,
PeerJ, history, philosophy and miscellany, ethics, tactics and
strategies, and scholarly societies. (The second half will appear in
the February 2013 issue.)