Low-Cost Prototype OPAC System

Cary Gordon listuser at CHILLCO.COM
Tue Dec 18 18:52:34 EST 2012

I am fan of single-board computers. I have a Pi and one of my first
computers was a '70s vintage Rockwell that had a thermal printer on
the board.

That said, I think that taking this approach to building a kiosk,
while it might be fun, is not all that efficient. My first choice
would be an android tablet. You can buy a name brand 10" android
tablet for about $200 and an off-brand for about $150 (thinking
WalMart).

I can't imagine putting together a package like that using an SBC for
that price. Just the monitor would be more than that.

Cary

--
Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company