Simple listserv tools?

Patrice Chalon patrice.chalon at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 20 09:09:04 EDT 2012

Hello,

By simple, do you mean "in the cloud" (you have no hosting server)?

Because Mailman seems to be a good option. Or alternatively, you could
think about some CMS providing forum with email notifications and simple
newsletters module (importing / creating users is easier there)

Patrice

2012/4/20 Wilhelmina Randtke <randtke at gmail.com>

> OK, gonna send this out again...
>
> What are simple hosted tools for running a listserv?
>
> I want something like what Google Groups used to be:  I log in to
> something someone else set up, I create a mailing list, that mailing list
> has an email address, I add people to the mailing list (this is what I
> can't do with Google Groups anymore), and then each person on the mailing
> list both gets all email sent to it and can send email to it.
>
> -Wilhelmina
>
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM, R. Wood <rw at ncf.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 03:57:29PM -0500, Wilhelmina Randtke stated:
>>  > All,
>> >
>> > I want to set up a mailing list where all subscribers on the list can
>> also
>> > post to it.
>> >
>> > I went to make a mailing list, and - wow - Google Groups which I've used
>> > for lists before now requires an admin to send invites to members, and
>> then
>> > members opt in.  From experience, I need to be able to subscribe people
>> > without them clicking a link, because if I send them a link to
>> subscribe,
>> > most won't click it and then will ask why they were never added.
>> >
>> > What simple hosted tools do you use for setting up listservs?
>> >
>> > -Wilhelmina Randtke
>>
>> Mailman is a Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) mailing list
>> application that is worth a look.
>>
>> Have Fun with GNU/Linux,
>> R.

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/