QR Codes

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 14 08:49:18 EDT 2012

Nice to see that QR codes have evangelists.

Some things to keep in mind:

QR codes are 2D bar codes.  They apply to physical objects, not Web pages.
 If you offer a QR code on a Web page instead of a simple hyperlink, you
are raising a barrier.

QR codes have for some reason become a topic of fashion in the year 2012,
yet they date back before 2000.

It is especially puzzling when a QR code translates to a simple URL - or
should.

I don't recall such fascination with conventional bar codes when grocery
stores adopted the UPC.

/rich