[Web4lib] Announceme​​nt: LACASIST 50th Anniversar​​​y & CISTA Award Program

LACASIS lacasis at gmail.com
Mon May 30 13:25:40 EDT 2011

Calling all past, present and future LACASIS&T members!  Come join us
for our LACASIST 50th Anniversary Program

The Los Angeles Chapter of the American Society for Information
Science & Technology (LACASIST), founded in 1961, commemorates its
50th year of activities across the Los Angeles region. Our members
hail from all parts of the state of California, Western states, and
Hawaii. All those who have ever participated in the Chapter's
activities are welcome to attend our program and contribute to our
anniversary website (http://history.lacasist.org/) with your comments.
 We are pleased to invite you to share in our anniversary celebration
by attending our upcoming program.

Speakers and Special Guests:
* Dr. Robert Hayes, Founder of the Los Angeles Chapter of the American
Documentation Institute (ADI), now Los Angeles Chapter of ASIS&T, was
awarded the Chapter's 1989 Contributions to Information Science and
Technology Award (CISTA) and the 1993 ASIS Award of Merit.
* Dr. Nicholas Belkin, to be awarded the Chapter's 2011 Contributions
to Information Science and Technology Award (CISTA), is a past ASIS&T
President and recipient of the 2003 ASIS&T Award of Merit, the 1997
ASIS Research Award, and the 1990 ASIS Outstanding Information Science
Teacher Award.

When:  Tuesday, June 21st, 2011 (5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
5:30-6:30 p.m. Program registration, Library Tours and Hosted Wine
Bar: Seeing old friends & making new friends
6:00-6:45 p.m. Dinner: Mediterranean Buffet 6:45-7:00 p.m. Dessert and
Introductions
7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Program: Dr. Hayes and Dr. Belkin presentations
9:00-9:30 p.m. Questions for speakers

Where:
LMU William H. Hannon Library, http://library.lmu.edu/

Registration Information:
Registration includes Tour, Hosted Wine Bar, Mediterranean Buffet, and
a Fabulous Program:
$30 students/retired
$40 members
$50 non-members
Registration closes: June 17, 2011.  Register now at
http://lacasist.org/event/2011/lacasist-50th-anniversary-program
We invite LACASIST past and present members to contribute to our
Anniversary website at http://history.lacasist.org/.

Contact:  50th Anniversary Committee Members, Linda McCann
(ljmccann at gmail.com) or Sarah Buchanan (sarahab at ucla.edu).  Web:
http://lacasist.org/