[Web4lib] Transforming our Bibliographic Framework (LC initiative)

Della Porta, Ann adel at loc.gov
Mon May 23 19:38:21 EDT 2011

Apologies for duplication, being sent to multiple lists (feel free to forward as appropriate):

The Library of Congress is sharing the statement, "Transforming our Bibliographic Framework<http://www.loc.gov/marc/transition/news/framework-051311.html>," for the benefit of its external constituents.  Deanna B. Marcum, LC's Associate Librarian for Library Services, will be leading the initiatives that will drive this transformation process.  The Library is mounting the statement now for early review.  Following the upcoming Annual Conference of the American Library Association in New Orleans, where discussions about the statement will occur, the Library will make further announcements.  A web site has been established for the Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative<http://www.loc.gov/marc/transition/index.html> (http://www.loc.gov/marc/transition) and that will be the central place for plans, news, and progress.  It will indicate formal channels established for working with the community, receiving feedback and input from various sources and stakeholders, and how the Library will proceed in this major undertaking.

posted by A. Della Porta
Library of Congress
adel at loc.gov<mailto:adel at loc.gov>