[Web4lib] _DT > Digital Textbooks_ Blog Launched

gerrymck gerry.mckiernan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 15:46:02 EST 2011

*** Apologies For Receipt Of Duplicate Postings***

Colleagues/

For the past several weeks I have been actively identifying major (and
minor) cites/sites relating to Digital Textbooks (aka eTextbooks ;
electronic textbooks ; online textbooks).

To date I have profiled about 100 cites/sites on a new blog titled  _DT >
Digital Textbooks_ at

[ http://digital-textbooks.blogspot.com/ ]

"DT Is Devoted To Documenting Significant Initiatives That Relate To Any And
All Aspects Of Digital Textbooks, Most Notably Their Use In Higher
Education"

Recent select postings include:

> eTexts @ Indiana University

> The Open Revolution: An Environmental Scan of the Open Textbook Landscape

> BISG > College Students Want Their Textbooks the Old-Fashioned Way: In
Print

In addition to the published items, I have a several hundred 'draft' entries
that I will potentially post after further review.

There is also a companion Google Group discussion list as well; One can
become a member by following the instructions available at

[ http://bit.ly/glbKzh ].

Please do visit DT and consider joining the GG.

Regards,

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Science and Technology Librarian