[Web4lib] decentralized web content

David Kane dkane at wit.ie
Tue Jan 11 05:18:28 EST 2011

Hi Angela,

I manage the infrastructure of our site.  The day to day management of the
content is devolved to all staff.

The overall information architecture and design gets revised from time to
time, and that is done in a more rigorous and structured manner, involving
all parties.

We use a content management  system (terminalfour.com) for our institutional
site and for our library site.

I agree with Cary, workflow is a barrier.  You will find in the end, as we
have, that a small minority of the staff add all the content.  These people
are like gold dust.  If you make them go through excessive workflow hoops,
you will be acting against your own interests.

David