[Web4lib] Skillset for new librarians

Lin Light llight at herrickdl.org
Tue Jan 4 13:32:45 EST 2011

The discussion confirms the need to re-define what a librarian is.
My start as Head of TS close to 30 yrs ago had me working with print and a/v,
technology was a distant rumble. Never did I image the library we have today.
And we were advanced.
In the day, I could learn as we grew new a technology. Back then there was time.
Today, no way in Hell, could I survive. For that matter, nor could the library.
New technologies are popping up every day.
So as we discuss skill-sets, include a description of the future librarian and
theirs roles in plying them.

a "Long in the tooth" librarian.

Lin

Lin Light