[Web4lib] Charging station in libraries

Chester D. Mealer chester at rpl.org
Tue Feb 22 15:44:42 EST 2011

Since smartphones often charge over the same cable they use for data, there is no need to provide a cable. For other phones (dumbphones?) the owner is less likely to keep a cable on them, while it might not be necessary to provide the cable there is less of an expectancy for the owner to have one on them.

In general I'd say the library shouldn't be required to provide chargers, especially since there's no way to provide every charger under the sun. In my admittedly limited traveling experience, all I've seen airports provide is a place to plug in (and an overpriced electronics store if you need to buy a cable/charger).

Chester Mealer
Webmaster
Rapides Parish Library
chester at rpl.org