[Web4lib] Amazon Ordering Tools

Yott, Patrick P.Yott at neu.edu
Tue Feb 22 14:55:12 EST 2011

Has anybody thought about, or better yet, developed a tool that can query Amazon for a given shopping cart, and return the contents of that cart as MARC records?
This would be a great benefit to many acquisitions units that, like ours, do high volume purchasing with Amazon.

I'm aware of this tool (http://amazon.libcat.org/cgi-bin/azorder.pl) that can create MARC from Amazon, but would love to have additional functionality.  Though to be honest, I'm not sure if the AWS allows one to look at carts…

Best,

Patrick

Patrick M. Yott
Director, Library Technology Services