Suggestions for lightweight inventory tool for curricular collection

Charlie Morris cdmorris22 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 13 08:42:58 EST 2011

Not knowing all the details, you probably could use Drupal.  Right now
I'm working on a project that takes XML data being served out from our
ILS by a Python script and turns it into a "node" in Drupal.  A node
is just a distinct piece of content of a certain type.  As items are
checked in/out, the Python script modifies the XML and then Drupal
updates the necessary fields for the nodes.  What's nice about Drupal
is that you can define all of the fields yourself, have certain fields
update and certain fields stay constant, and then you can write custom
"views" (basically like a GUI on an SQL query) to make it display in
multiple locations on your website in different formats.  So, you
could "write" a view to display a single item, or you could write a
view to list aggregate information.

Hope that's relevant/helpful.

-Charlie Morris
Fellow