EBSCOhost e-audio to OneClickDigital - Notifying Users

Pruntel,Alison Alison.Pruntel at FAUQUIERCOUNTY.GOV
Wed Dec 7 12:13:51 EST 2011

**Apologies, I am cross-posting***

For those of you who have launched Recorded Books' OneClickDigital service, did you/how did you notify users of the Recorded Books e-audio content on EBSCOhost moving over to OCD?

When NetLibrary was absorbed by EBSCOhost, EBSCOhost had canned text to use, supposedly e-mailed account holders. We used some of their text and also sent out a notice to all active NetLibrary users. With the switchover of RB content from EBSCOhost to OCD, though, there doesn't seem to be a plan from either vendor. I looked on the RB website and can't find any marketing materials aimed at end users of OCD, just at purchasers (libraries).

Any advice, examples, etc., would be much appreciated.

Alison Pruntel
Electronic Resources Librarian
Fauquier County Public Library
11 Winchester Street
Warrenton, VA 20186
540-422-8515
alison dot pruntel at fauquiercounty dot gov
FCPL Web Site: http://library.fauquiercounty.gov
My Blog: http://fcpleresources.blogspot.com

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2011-12-07