Job Opening: Anythink Systems Administrator

Matthew Hamilton mhamilton at ANYTHINKLIBRARIES.ORG
Tue Dec 6 21:50:21 EST 2011

*Apologies for Cross-Posting*

This is an exciting time for us as Anythink Libraries, as we are about to embark on a VuFind project and have just received an IMLS grant to develop a digital learning lab inspired by Chicago Public Library's YouMedia. This position will be part of the team helping to make both of those projects happen….

Job Description/Duties:
Anythink libraries are hubs for innovation – and our staff and customers need tools to create and innovate. That’s where you come in. You use your tech savvy to find solutions and keep these tools running. As part of the team that manages the district's technology infrastructure, you’re an ace at managing server applications, databases, virtual machines and backups. You use your quick problem-solving skills to keep every server, application, and network at Anythink up and running because you know how critical it is that everything runs smoothly for our staff and our community.

Ready to join in a bold opportunity to help us take community library services to an entirely new dynamic realm?

Who you are:
•You are a tech guru; you understand the magic behind the technology and provide expertise for our district.
•You have always wanted to work for an organization that strives to innovate through technology.
•You understand that collaboration is essential for innovation and that staff are also your customers.
•You are an effective communicator, able to relay pertinent information and are a patient and active listener.
•You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
•You inspire fun in the people around you.

A position you’ll love:
•You’re great at making connections; you can manage and understand how Active Directory – including Group Policy, account management and MS Exchange – all work together.
•You are an MS-SQL expert, able to write queries that help our team do their jobs better.
•You are the genius behind the Anythink IT infrastructure. You install, modify, and maintain virtual hosts and machines, SAN, and enterprise applications (MS-SCCM, MS-SQL) to help keep things running smoothly.
•You enjoy keeping things tidy and efficient; you perform maintenance in a VMware vSphere 4 environment hosting Windows Server 2008 and Ubuntu Linux virtual machines.
•You know that Anythink is a place of big ideas – and we want to keep our information safe; you help lead the charge in implementing security procedures.
•You are the person that signals “Help is on the way!” as part of the IT team supporting district tech operations at Anythink’s seven locations around Adams County.
•You love a good challenge, utilizing your awesome problem-solving skills to look at things from every angle; you’re all about efficiency and finding the best solutions for the best value.
•You understand the importance of getting everyone on the same page and help to write and maintain IT documentation and policies.
•You are flexible and reliable to be on call for possible after-hours maintenance, upgrades and emergency weekend needs.
•You are an explorer of new and emerging technologies to support library services.
•You are a wizard at leading various projects and coordinate various tasks with vendors and consultants.
•You have the energy to juggle many tasks with a smile, and you realize you have many people depending on you.
•You demonstrate excellent communication skills with staff, customers, vendors, and district leadership.
•You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.

Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems

Other Requirements:
Do you have what it takes?
•Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, computer science or equivalent experience
•2-5 years experience with increasing responsibility working with Active Directory and Group Policy
•1-2 years SQL experience and/or training
•Ability to support library-specific applications, including Integrated Library Systems, print and PC management systems and open-source applications
•Knowledge of filtering, security and firewall applications
•Experience working in a Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory environment
•Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications, including Windows 7, Exchange 2010, and Office 2010
•Experience with wide area networks and remote access solutions
•Valid Driver’s license and use of personal vehicle (mileage reimbursed)

Community:

Why Rangeview Library District? A job with Rangeview Library District is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in helping our customers access technology, whether they’re sitting by the fireplace with a laptop, surfing the Internet, gaming in the teen room or learning something new at one of our many intriguing programs. Your vision for emerging technology will help pave the way for the future of libraries. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.

We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and each other
Passion for our product
Eagerness to learn
Optimistic attitude – we believe that anything is possible

Other Information:
Your job will involve your being “on the move” in our libraries: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.

This is a full-time benefited position with an excellent benefit package.

Links:

  *   Company Website (http://www.anythinklibraries.org)<http://www.anythinklibraries.org/>

Application deadline: December 30th, 2011
Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000/yrApplication requirements:

If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a letter of interest, résumé and RLD application (found on our website) and mail to: Human Resources, Rangeview Library District Administrative Building, 5877 East 120th Avenue, Thornton, CO 80602.

For more information about this position and our library district, visit our website at www.anythinklibraries.org.

Benefits: Retirement; Medical; Dental; Sick Leave; Vacation Leave

MATTHEW HAMILTON | IT Manager
mhamilton at anythinklibraries.org<mailto:mhamilton at anythinklibraries.org>
…………………….
Support Services