Locally hosted streaming media question

Charlie Morris cdmorris22 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 6 13:22:24 EST 2011

I'll chime in here since I've used it in the past.  We actually had a
couple of classes using Kaltura as the editing tool and storage facility
for multimedia assignments.  Students recorded video and audio and took
pictures and then uploaded them to a Kaltura project space and edited them
into a complete movie.

We did this for one year and in the end we found that it was just far too
buggy, in terms of editing anyway.  And for what it's worth, the support
from Kaltura wasn't good.  I can't, however, speak to the performance of
Kaltura as a large-scale streaming service though, perhaps it's better
suited for that.

-Charlie
Fellow
NC State Libraries