[Web4lib] EZProxy and EBSCO eBooks

Margaret Stangohr STANGOHRM at bvu.edu
Mon Aug 15 10:32:52 EDT 2011

I found this information buried on EBSCO's website.

In order to open or save eBooks when accessing EBSCOhost through EZ Proxy, the following domain must be added to your EZ Proxy exceptions/allowed list: rps2images.ebscohost.com

Margaret Stangohr
Technical Services/Systems Librarian
Buena Vista University
610 W. 4th St.
Storm Lake, IA 50588
712-749-2092
FAX: 712-749-2059
stangohrm at bvu.edu

>>> Ryan Claringbole <rclaringbole at gmail.com> 8/9/11 8:21 AM >>>
Ever since the transition from NetLibrary to EBSCO eBooks, patrons have been
unable to download an eBook from the site through EZProxy.  We have
contacted EBSCO and they suggested adding accessions to the EBSCO domain and
IPs  but this has not solved the problem.  Is anyone else having this
problem?  Anyone know of a solution?  Patrons can access it using our WiFi
in the lilbrary buildings, but when it's outside our network they can
checkout the eBook, but then it will stall on the last activity which won't
allow the book to be opened in Adobe Digital Editions.  Any help is much
appreciated!

Ryan Claringbole
Librarian
Chesapeake Public Library