[Web4lib] Koha

Terran McCanna terrannews at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 12:54:36 EDT 2010

I'm really curious as to where all of this negativity is coming from. In a
previous job, I lobbied vehemently for replacing our existing kludgy and
antiquated commercial ILS that had terrible customer support with something more
flexible and suited to our needs. At the time, Koha was the one I saw with the
most potential, and since the library I was in was not in control of the
institution's IT department, I also lobbied for having it hosted offsite.
LibLime was the clear choice for implementation and hosting at that point, and
out of all of the various ILS vendors I spoke with, they were the most
responsive and forthcoming. Due to many circumstances, I wasn't actually
successful in convincing my library to switch vendors, but I never saw any
hint of potential problems dealing with Liblime or Koha.

 ---
Terran McCanna
Virtual Services Librarian
Clayton County Library System