[Web4lib] Wiley and ArticleSelect Tokens

Bob Duncan duncanr at lafayette.edu
Fri Sep 10 15:54:13 EDT 2010

We're interested in using Wiley's ArticleSelect Tokens (their version
of "pay-per-view"), but are looking for a very particular arrangement
that no one at Wiley seems to understand.  I'm wondering if anyone
has set things up with them under a similar arrangement:

-  The entire campus IP address range is recognized as us (for the
purposes of Wiley as an OpenURL source and for access to Wiley
resources to which we subscribe)

-  A single IP address (our proxy server) is the only address that
can spend the tokens.

This is the arrangement we use for our ScienceDirect PPV access, and
while Wiley has not specifically said we can't do this, they can't
seem to muster up an answer to the question posed to them, and
instead keep giving us boilerplate answers to questions we haven't asked.

Anyone doing this with Wiley?

Thanks,

Bob Duncan

Robert E. Duncan