[Web4lib] well done school library websites?

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Thu Sep 2 15:54:07 EDT 2010

At 12:16 p.m. 02/09/2010, Polly-Alida Farrington wrote:
>Mary Beth - The Dixie Grammar School(Leicestershire UK) is a great
>example of a WordPress based school library website:
>
>http://library-online.org.uk/

Hello all.

A year ago our Director says NO to any open source solution around
out there, because of security issues. Later, maybe bad IT
maintenance but one server to the public was hacked, nothing bad but
ALL PHP pages were changed to iunclude a picture and a link to the
hackers side. I's like to present him again the case but I need to be
sure I include all the security tips that have to be implemented. Any
suggestions and ideas is very welcomed.

One strange, maybe , question  . If you would have a boss like mine,
and do have to be there and construct your library system, "not using
risky open source applications and because I am the boss and I say
so"... what would be your choice for doing that job? I mean,
language, database, framework for the language?

Thanks in advance

Jorge Biquez