[Web4lib] LibX

Judith Brink-Drescher jbrink-drescher at molloy.edu
Wed Oct 20 10:51:47 EDT 2010

Our library uses Conduit which is a freely hosted product. I actually have an article coming out about it comparing and contrasting it to LibX in the next issue of the Charleston advisor. I'm told it should be out any day now...

Conduit is a lot more user friendly than libx, especially in regards to its configuration, however, you do not own the content if that is a concern. We have them for 5 disciplines and everyone (including librarians) love them. To download our nursing toolbar, go to http://molloynursing.mycollegetoolbar.com/. Once installed, by clicking on the plus sign in the far left of the toolbar, you can access any of the other disciplines.

Hope it helps. They are highly successful here.

Judy

Judy Brink-Drescher, MLIS, MBA
Electronic Resources Librarian / Webmaster
James E. Tobin Library, Molloy College
516.678.5000 x6319
jbrink-drescher at molloy.edu