[Web4lib] I vote for task oriented

Ryan Hess mhess8 at depaul.edu
Mon Nov 29 16:43:09 EST 2010

I would agree with Chris based on click analytics from our site which show
that users seem to be task-oriented. We do have some audience-centered
access points, which do get used, but nowhere near the rate of task-oriented
elements like search, browse, a-z lists, etc.

So, if I had to pick one way, it would be task-oriented, but, as on our
site, you can certainly risk a little clutter and cater to your audiences
(undergrads, grads and faculty in our case) too.

M Ryan Hess
Web Services Coordinator
DePaul University
JTR 120, DePaul University, Lincoln Park Campus, 2350 N Kenmore Ave.,
Chicago IL 60614
office: 773-325-7829 | cell:  650-224-7279 |  fax: 773-325-2297  |
mhess8 at depaul.edu