[Web4lib] Citation Management Software - University/Library usage

Mark Allan mark.allan at angelo.edu
Tue Nov 2 10:35:14 EDT 2010

Folks -

In the hope of acquiring some sort of citation management software/service for our University, I need to come up with some information.  Can anyone suggest a source or has access to information regarding the usage of citation management software ( reference management software ) throughout the U.S. academic community or perhaps worldwide?  I'm looking for percentages or numbers, or in the absence of that - even "best guesses!" I'm also interested in the number of libraries that have implemented this service. Finally, I'm looking for the scope of its use - is it made available to Freshmen, or primarily upper-division, grad students?

My apologies for cross-posting.

Mark

Mark Allan
Head of Library Reference Services/Porter Henderson Library
Angelo State University
Member, Texas Tech University System
ASU Station #11013
San Angelo, TX 76909-1013
Phone: (325) 942-2222   Fax: (325) 942-2511
Mark.Allan at angelo.edu

Any opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect any official stance held by my employer.

I love the smell of book dust in the morning.  It smells like...... knowledge.