[Web4lib] Academic library website design v. campus design

David Kane dkane at wit.ie
Wed Jun 16 10:40:24 EDT 2010

Hi Nancy,

In our case, the library website design is different from the main
website design, partly because of my experience in the area of web
development and partly because the library staff are very interested
in updating the site with quality information.

Library:  http://library.wit.ie/
Institution: http://www.wit.ie/

I notice that many libraries in Ireland have their own design.  Some
of them are like this because they are using the OPAC to host some
extra pages for information such as lending policy and opening hours.
The OPAC is very often the only server that can be managed by library
staff.  The main site is generally the responsibility of the I.T. or
Marketing departments.  Therefore the library generally only gets a
brief mention on the main site.

David.