[Web4lib] Link to Library site on College website

Robert Balliot rballiot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 09:42:57 EST 2010

Libraries are rarely, if ever, marketed. Yet, with an on-line catalog /
databases, Library web content represents nearly 100% of the potential web
pages representing a college or University. So, they can have a huge
influence on potential buyers of college and University services.

I have had commercial clients who spend in excess of $300,000 per month in
Google Ad Words alone. My task is to get them to the top five in organics.
Applying the some of same principles, it is relatively easy to place in the
top five for any college or University library because libraries are simply
not marketed. They are not being competitive. Here is an example using the
phrase -  Providence College Library

http://oceanstatelibrarian.com/libraries/providence_college.htm

Libraries are relatively untapped marketing resources for colleges and
Universities.  The idea of hiding nearly 100% of potential content by not
linking directly from the home page is really, really bad marketing.

R. Balliot
http://oceanstatelibrarian.com/contact.htm