[Web4lib] Local Book iPhone application

Wilfred Drew DrewW at tc3.edu
Thu Jan 7 10:56:36 EST 2010

I agree one hundred and fifty percent.  I can think of at least two fully functional apps I have used recently for web sites that work well on my mobile phone.  Amazon has a great beta app for the Blackberry.  I used it over the last couple of months for searching, ordering , and tracking books for Christmas presents.   It is just as functional as the website and is faster.  Another example is eBay.  The beta app is just as functional as the website on my phone.  Creating mobile websites allows your stuff to be open up to most mobile internet capable devices.  Create the apps later.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew, M.S., B.S., A.S.
Assistant Professor
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services
Strengths: Ideation, Input, Learner, Command, Analytical
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu
Follow the library: http://twitter.com/TC3Library
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail or document.