[Web4lib] Local Book iPhone application

Brian Gray mindspiral at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 21:18:16 EST 2010

Is this not comparing apples versus oranges?

You also will not get the pizza parlors if you type in "salad", "bread
sticks", or "thick crust" in Google Maps either. You give an example that
does not provide evidence that any organization provides the level of
searching that some people would want - product level tied to a location.
You give an example of a larger service (pizza) and try to equate it
directly with a single product (an individual book).

I would think an app like your new app would be much more powerful if
pre-populated with book sources. Seems for every organization to register
makes using Google Maps a better choice since I can already enter "library"
and "book" and get the needed results.

Brian Gray
mindspiral at gmail.com
bcg8 at case.edu