[Web4lib] Mobenzi > Mobile-Phone-Based Empowerment

Kozlowski,Brendon bkozlowski at sals.edu
Tue Feb 2 12:00:44 EST 2010

I agree with both Jim and Andrew.

Brendon Kozlowski
Web Administrator
Saratoga Springs Public Library
49 Henry Street
Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866
[518] 584-7860 x217

________________________________

From: web4lib-bounces at webjunction.org on behalf of Campbell, James (jmc)
Sent: Tue 2/2/2010 11:40 AM
To: web4lib
Subject: Re: [Web4lib] Mobenzi > Mobile-Phone-Based Empowerment

I'd be sorry to see the Cites & Insights announcements go.  Signing up for a separate announcement list is one more thing to remember to do.

I find announcements generally a valuable part of this list. I find some of Gerry's announcements valuable, recently particularly those about new smartphone interfaces and apps, but I agree with many of the other writers: he just sends too many of them.  My delete finger gets tired.  And I also probably miss some things that would interest me because frankly I do tend to delete his posts more quickly than some others.

Andrew has done the right thing, cut through the controversy and come up with a constructive alternative, no matter how he got there. I'd be very happy to get a weekly list of links to blog posts.

      - Jim Campbell

      Digital Access Librarian | Librarian for German
      University of Virginia Library | Charlottesville, VA 22904-4112

      513 Alderman | campbell at virginia.edu | 434-924-4985