[Web4lib] Mobenzi > Mobile-Phone-Based Empowerment

Campbell, James (jmc) jmc at virginia.edu
Tue Feb 2 11:40:46 EST 2010

I'd be sorry to see the Cites & Insights announcements go.  Signing up for a separate announcement list is one more thing to remember to do.

I find announcements generally a valuable part of this list. I find some of Gerry's announcements valuable, recently particularly those about new smartphone interfaces and apps, but I agree with many of the other writers: he just sends too many of them.  My delete finger gets tired.  And I also probably miss some things that would interest me because frankly I do tend to delete his posts more quickly than some others.

Andrew has done the right thing, cut through the controversy and come up with a constructive alternative, no matter how he got there. I'd be very happy to get a weekly list of links to blog posts.

      - Jim Campbell

      Digital Access Librarian | Librarian for German
      University of Virginia Library | Charlottesville, VA 22904-4112

      513 Alderman | campbell at virginia.edu | 434-924-4985