[Web4lib] Android app for library catalog

Steven Pryor pryorsw at slu.edu
Tue Apr 13 12:50:33 EDT 2010

Hi Heather,

I've been thinking about this lately (after recently getting a Droid
myself), so I searched the Market and found the WorldCat and the Seattle
Public Library apps.  Turns out they were both done by a company called
Boopsie ( http://www.boopsie.com/home/index.html ) -- kind of a silly
name but their catalog search tool actually works pretty niftily.  And
it works across almost all phones.  So I'm looking at them as well as
considering some in-house development to take advantage of more specific
advanced features incorporating custom mapping/building navigation,
barcode/QRcode scanning, etc.  All still in early brainstorming/planning
stages at this point, though.

Steven Pryor
Technology Manager
Saint Louis University Libraries