[Web4lib] Digital Libraries needing volunteers

Ross Singer rossfsinger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 20:17:45 EDT 2009

Well, while in general I would agree with this, there are some that
aren't strictly tied to any one organization, like arxiv.org (loosely
administered by Cornell) and CiteSeer (Penn State) -- arxiv could
probably handle a volunteer or two.

Even easier (since it would be "less entrenched"), and potentially
more rewarding, would be to go to the nearest, worst funded, public
library and offer to create a digital library from their photo
collection or local history collection using something simple and easy
to maintain like Omeka, Greenstone or Scriblio and show the library
staff how to continue to contribute to it after the practicum is over.

-Ross.