[Web4lib] Photo Repositories

M. Claire Stewart claire-stewart at northwestern.edu
Tue Sep 15 14:22:32 EDT 2009

Yesterday, JISC released a new document "Systems for Managing Digital
Media Collections" that does a nice job of covering image management
systems:
<http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/crossmedia/advice/systems-for-managing-digital-media-collections/>

(we use MDID for teaching images but are in the process of migrating
it to Fedora, upon which we've built digital library collections, see
http://digital.library.northwestern.edu/mapsofafrica and
http://digital.library.northwestern.edu/winterton )

Claire