[Web4lib] Who's the Rock Star

Tim Spalding tim at librarything.com
Fri Sep 11 16:26:05 EDT 2009

> Worth pointing out that there is a lot more to libraries (academic libraries in particular) than just the catalog. There are plenty of opportunities for those working libraries to flex their design skills.

No, I completely agree. I stress it because it tends to be the part
that needs the most improving. But the catalog is generally not under
the control of the library's web group anyway.

The multiplicity of different resources invites a ransom-note result.
Has anyone seen a library that managed to make all the different
solutions look like they're part of the same, organic whole?

Tim