[Web4lib] list of all libraries in world

Hamparian,Don hamparid at oclc.org
Fri Oct 30 09:34:41 EDT 2009

The WorldCat Registry covers branch levels and I'm sure it has some
duplicates at that level.

I'm not sure if people know this, but the Registry is an open directory
for all libraries, not only OCLC members, and we encourage librarians to
correct and maintain their own institution's entries. If you have not
reviewed or set your own library in the directory yet, please do so or
let us know how we can help. There is also a Feedback link on every page
of the WC Registry to get in contact with us directly.

We are working with National Libraries, including the New Zealand
National Library to best maintain the records for each region. We have
not yet had a chance to work with the Norwegian libraries in particular,
so if there is a suggestion from the group where to start please let us
know.

Don Hamparian
Manager OCLC Grid Portfolio
OCLC