[Web4lib] help with an Apache redirect

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:37:17 EDT 2009

I'm assuming you want to replace "/~spcol" with "/legacy/spcol". In
that case, you can try:

RewriteRule "^/~([\w\d\W\D]+)" http://www.example.com/legacy/$1

Everything inside the () is captured as variable $1, and then appended
at the end of the URL. \w captures words, \d captures digits; their
capital variations capture not words and not digits, respectively.
Basically this says "capture anything that comes after a tilde, and
write the URL with that."

Hope that helps.
-Andrew