[Web4lib] help with an Apache redirect

steven turner steven.turner at usm.edu
Mon Oct 12 09:58:51 EDT 2009

Hi All -

In Apache, I've been trying to write a redirect to perform a simple
regex URL rewrite  using Mod_Redirect and/or Mod_Rewrite on a client
request string, but I can't seem to get it to work...

I'm simply trying to replace the sub-string "/~"  (that's a backslash
and a tilde) with the substring "/legacy" in this example/theoretical

Any takers out there? Help on this would be greatly appreciated, as
it's been a bugbear for me for quite some time - can't have users
ending up in deprecated places all the time...

Thanks

Steve
Steven Turner
Library Web Services Manager